Enrolment Troubleshooting

The OEP is here to help support your academic development, ensuring that you are part of the graduate environmental learning community and linking you up with relevant support services across the University.

Enrolment Variation Form

If you are unable to make a desired change to your study plan, the first step is to see if the Enrolment Variation Form addresses your situation. The Enrolment Variation Form can assist you in the following situations:

SituationRequired Supporting Documentation
Requisite Waiver (i.e. cannot enrol in a subject because it has prerequisites)
Email from the Subject Coordinator of the subject in which you want to enrol granting permission for you to take the subject. When contacting the Coordinator you should include evidence of having covered the material in the prerequisite subject.
You want to change your specialisation
Email permission from the coordinator of the specialisation that you want to change into. When contacting the Specialisation Coordinator you should provide details of subjects studied and reasons for wanting to change specialisation.
You want to add a subject outside your specialisation that is on the OEP tailored subject list
Email permission from the Specialisation Coordinator.
You want to add a subject outside your specialisation that is not on the OEP tailored subject list
Email permission from both the Specialisation Coordinator and the coordinator of the subject.
You want to be exempted from a core* subject
For Environmental Sustainability and Partnerships for Sustainable Futures please contact the subject coordinator for an application form, which requires that you evidence either: a) the learning outcomes through professional experience, or B) completion of a postgraduate subject with equivalent learning outcomes.
You want to be exempted from a compulsory** subject
Email permission from the Specialisation Coordinator. When contacting the Coordinator, you should include evidence of having covered the material.
It is past the last date to self-enrol online
Explanation required. You will need to provide a case as to why you should be enrolled in this subject, plus permission from the Subject Coordinator.
You are unable to add further electives to your capstone 'bucket' in your study plan.Ensure that you are meeting your capstone requirement of at least 12.5 points of study from the capstone list in your Specialisation's Handbook. If you are still unable to add electives, please submit an Enrolment Variation Form.

Academic support

Our academics are available to meet with you when you first start studying with us and at designated times throughout the semester. They can help you with course planning and any other academic-related issues you may encounter during your study. Information on booking an appointment can be found on our course planning website.

Other areas of concern and where to go for assistance

A subject that you want to do is full or there are no available classes.
(Note: For unresolvable major clashes that seriously affect your study plan, you need to meet with or email an OEP Academic Advisor.)
Submit a request through the Timetable Assistance Form
Applications for Advanced Standing (credit)Complete the Advanced Standing online form, attaching all relevant documentation
Rescinding creditSubmit an enquiry to Stop 1 specifying the amount of credit you would like to rescind.
Questions about Global Mobility (student abroad and exchange)Refer to Melbourne Global Mobility.
Letters for your scholarship body (e.g. Senecyt, BECAS)See 'Requests for completion of third-party forms' at the bottom of the Academic Transcripts and Statements website.
Letters for CentrelinkContact Stop 1
Cross-Institutional StudyIf you are interested in undertaking a subject that isn’t offered at the University of Melbourne, it may be possible for you to complete this subject at another university and have it count toward your current degree.

Additional help

The Enrolment Variation Form covers many enrolment issues. However, if there is still something you need to discuss in more detail please contact STOP 1.