Course planning for new students
At the Office for Environmental Programs you will be guided through the process of selecting subjects, helping you develop a plan that fits with your academic background, interests and career objectives.
Within the program, students have access to over 200 subjects across all Faculties and Schools at The University of Melbourne. To help you achieve the best of your time at the OEP all students are provided with individual course planning assistance. This helps you think purposefully about your choices and ensure that you select subjects that meet your learning and career goals.
Students joining the OEP in Semester 1, 2019 will receive an email between mid December and mid January with further details on how to undertake their course planning steps. This will be sent to your University of Melbourne student email account. If you are not able to access this account, please follow the steps below. (Please note that new students will not be able to access the Course Planning Module, or the Student Booking System until approximately December 17, 2018.)
**New students will not be able to enrol in subjects until they have completed the below steps:
- Accept your offer and complete the enrolment steps, including setting up a University of Melbourne email address. Please note that you must have satisfied all your offer conditions before you can do this.
- Log in to the Student Booking System (SBS) and book your personal Course Planning Appointment (see below for details).
- Complete the online course planning module - Graduate Environmental Program SM1 2019 which is available in the Communities tab of the Learning Management System (LMS). See the LMS Course Planning Guide for assistance.
- Once you have completed the module, submit your course planning form which is linked to the module. Please make sure that you do this at least 2 days before attending your personal course planning appointment.
- Attend your Course Planning Appointment
Personal course planning appointment
Appointments to meet individually with an academic course advisor are available from January 30, 2019 and throughout February.
We recommend that you make an appointment as soon as possible as slots fill up quickly. Skype appointments are available if you haven't yet arrived in Melbourne or it is difficult for you to get to campus.
How to book an advising appointment
- Log into the Student Booking System (SBS) with your University of Melbourne username and password,
- Select "Office for Environmental Programs".
- Select "OEP Course Planning (NEW STUDENT)
- Select a date and time and include a short description of your appointment, eg "course planning" If you would like to book a SKYPE appointment please note this in the comments section and provide your Skype name.
- You will receive a confirmation to your student email address.
Remember to complete the steps above before you attend your appointment.