Course planning for new students
At the Office for Environmental Programs you will be guided through the process of selecting subjects, helping you develop a plan that fits with your academic background, interests and career objectives.
Within the program, students have access to over 200 subjects across all Faculties and Schools at The University of Melbourne. To help you achieve the best of your time at the OEP all students are provided with individual course planning assistance. This helps you think purposefully about your choices and ensure that you select subjects that meet your learning and career goals.
Students joining the OEP in Semester 2, 2020 will receive an email in mid-June with further details on how to undertake their course planning steps. This will be sent to your University of Melbourne student email account. If you are not able to access this account, please follow the steps below. (Please note that new students will not be able to access the Course Planning Module or the Student Booking System until after they receive this email)
**New students will not be able to enrol in subjects until they have completed the below steps:
- Accept your offer and complete the enrolment steps, including setting up a University of Melbourne email address. Please note that you must have satisfied all your offer conditions before you can do this.
- Log in to the Student Booking System (SBS) and book your personal Course Planning Appointment (see below for details).
- Complete the online course planning module which will be available via the Learning Management System (Canvas LMS). See the LMS Course Planning Guide for assistance.
- Once you have completed the module, submit your course planning form which is linked to the module. Please make sure that you do this at least 2 days before attending your personal course planning appointment (until further notice attendance in person at the University is on hold).
- Attend your Course Planning Appointment via Skype or Zoom.
Personal course planning appointment
Appointments (via Zoom) with an academic course advisor will be available from beginning of July 2020.
We recommend that you make an appointment as soon as possible as slots fill up quickly.
How to book an advising appointment
- Log into the Student Booking System (SBS) with your University of Melbourne username and password.
- Select "Office for Environmental Programs".
- Select "OEP Course Planning (NEW STUDENT).
- Select a date and time and include a short description of your appointment, eg "course planning".
- You will receive a confirmation to your student email address.
Remember to complete all course planning steps above before you attend your appointment.